TDC’s Senior Services Program offers programs and activities that ensure that seniors are living active, healthy and engaging lives! We believe inclusion of the elderly population in community, cultural, and recreational activities builds a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our goal is to expand programs, activities and to offer a more comprehensive health and wellness program to prevent chronic disease and to promote healthy aging and increase awareness of the benefits of physical activities for older adults. The expansion of programming would include, delivering additional classes and a variety of activities: yoga, tai chi, weight training, stretching and strengthening programs, walking programs and a host of workshops that focus on healthy aging, arthritis, depression, diabetes prevention, fall prevention, memory, nutrition, osteoporosis, relaxation and stroke prevention.
TDC provides opportunities for support, advocacy, and enrichment programs for our seniors. Each year we offer different programs for seniors:
- Food Pantry
- FunDay Fridays
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Partnership with Dana Farber Cancer Institute, “Open Doors to Health” program
- Seniors on the Go! Field Trips; Health and Wellness organizations, Arts and Culture events, Grocery and Retail Shopping Trips
- Enrichment classes are offered, including health and wellness classes, art and culture, computer literacy and intergenerational activities
- Consumer Protection Education workshops
- Tax Preparation Services